“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated”
As of January our family has been trying to follow our updated philosophy of living. These principles guide our behaviour and inform our decisions.
- The purpose of life is to be happy.
- We actively form routines (and habits) that facilitate happiness.
- Sharing happiness multiplies it.
- Practice compassion and kindness. Most people are good and don’t mean to cause harm.
- Our freedom grows as our spending slows: Financial wealth is created by maximising the gap between what we earn and what we spend.
- The simplest solution is often best: Small is beautiful.
- We create or adapt to solve problems. Buying ready-made solutions from the marketplace is a cop out!
- From silence and stillness comes wisdom.
- We buy low harm goods (environment, people, and animals).
- You receive from life what you focus on most so focus your thought and energy on whatever you wish for. Focusing on what you wish to avoid only speeds it’s arrival to your door.
- Living in the past creates guilt. Living in the future anxiety. Enjoy mindfulness of the moment. Notice that the world is beautiful right now.
- If it isn’t working just let it go. Letting go is easier than clinging.